Top 10 things to do in Yogyakarta will definitely make you do not want to move on from this city. There
are many various interesting things you can do here. Here are the popular activities you must do when you visit Yogyakarta.
- The first fun thing you can do in Jogja is enjoying a sunset in Parangtritis Beach. The sunset viewin this beach will leave you in awe. You can also do other things in this one of interesting placesin Yogyakarta. Such as riding an ATV, sand boarding in sand dunes, paragliding, and riding a horse carriage along the beach.
- Next, you can visit Keraton Kasultanan Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat. It is the place where the royal family of Yogyakarta lives. Here, you will be able to learn about Javanese culture while enjoying the buildings of the palace. Moreover, do not miss to visit Taman Sari Water Castle.
- Hiking Mount Merapi is the next. Mount Merapi is famous as one of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia. But it is possible to hike this mount when it is safe. You can also choose to off-roading with a jeep.
- Yogyakarta has many museums. Make sure you visit at least one of them, especially for art lovers. Some popular museums in Jogja are including Batik Museum and Affandi Museum.
- Malioboro is the iconic street in Jogja. In this place, you can shop for souvenirs, enjoy a culinary tour, or just walk around.
- Next, visiting beaches in Gunung Kidul. Beaches in Gunung Kidul area are a great place to get relaxed and enjoy delicious fresh seafood. Some beaches also allow you to swim.
- Every time you travel to a country or city, tasting the traditional foods is a must. Yogyakarta has a lot of tasty traditional foods that will make you addicted. For example, Gudeg and Oseng Mercon.
- Visiting local markets can also be fun to do. In Jogja local markets, you can also buy souvenirs and taste traditional foods.
- Jomblang Cave is one of the tourist destination highlights in Jogja. This place is suitable for adrenaline junkies who love extreme activities. Because to reach the entrance of this cave, you have to go down around 60 meters in the edge of a cliff.
- Watching the process of making batik will be an unforgettable moment during your vacation in Jogja. This is the last of top 10 things to do in Yogyakarta.